M&A activity in India has been growing rapidly over the last 5-6 years, aided by increased foreign investment and changes in Government policy. As deals grow in size and become more complex, the regulations surrounding M&A also grow more stringent. Both the target and the acquirer require expert guidance and advice on financial facets of the transaction and their implications for them.
AMA’s team brings its cross-cultural and cross-sector experience in transaction advice to the task, assisting clients with the following services:
- Lead advisory, target evaluation studies, fund raising
- Financial model building for companies looking to raise funds
- Financial due diligence for proposed transactions
- Tax due diligence for proposed transactions
- General due diligence for a proposed transaction (encompassing financial, tax, legal and key operational aspects of the business)
- Valuation of business for transactions
- Valuation of business for regulatory purposes, e.g. for foreign exchange inflow/outflow (FEMA requirements), for Companies Act purposes and for shareholder protection purposes
- Valuation of business for tax purposes, e.g. capital gains tax for the seller, income from other sources for the buyer, etc.
- Determination of transaction structure and equity stake to be allotted to buyer based on valuations
- Tax planning for a transaction for both acquirer and target
- Valuation of intangible assets of a business, e.g. customer relationships, brands, technology, etc.
- Purchase price accounting for a transaction, i.e. determining the fair value of all assets and liabilities (including goodwill) of an acquired entity
- Ongoing valuation of business and/or assets on a periodic basis for financial reporting, mark-to-market measurements and impairment analysis
- Restructuring analysis and strategy
- Transition planning and guidance
For more information on how AMA can assist you in achieving your goals, reach out to us at email@example.com